I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

BOOK: Heaven is For Real

Heaven is For Real
by Todd Grupo

In case you don't know me personally, I will tell you this about myself;  I am a person of faith.  I am religious.  I believe that God is our Heavenly Father, and that Jesus Christ is His Son.  I believe that this life is not the end.  I believe that HEAVEN IS REAL.  (If you want to know more about what I believe, go here.) 

So, with that in mind, I had already accepted the premise of the book and didn't need any "convincing" (not that this book tries to convince anyone).  Most of the time I found myself thinking "yes, that's what I believe about heaven" and "yes, that's consistent with what we know from the Bible."  So, for me there wasn't anything shocking or revelatory.  It was merely interesting but not necessarily faith-promoting, and I doubt it would be so for anyone reading it who doesn't already "believe."

Actually, I found the story of this family's journey and their son's ordeal with illness more interesting than the story of the boy's visit to heaven.  Their personal growth from the experience seems real and touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment