I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Friday, April 12, 2013

BOOK: Friday's Child

Friday's Child
by Georgette Heyer

Every time I read one of Heyer's extremely enjoyable novels I can't help but think, "Why on earth has this book not been made into a film?  BBC, where are you?  This is perfect material for your audience!"  This book is particularly suited for film... I can well imagine it as a delightful and extremely popular "Masterpiece" mini-series.

I don't know how she managed to do it, but though every one of her novels is set in similar circumstances and setting, they are all quite unique in plot and character development.  As in the other Heyer novels I have read, I found myself frequently sighing, grinning, or laughing out loud.  Even though I knew all would end well, I found myself on the edge of seat, eager to find out what would happen next, never quite sure who would end up with whom, or how the author could possibly bring it all around to the inevitable "happily ever after."  What can I say?  It's just pure fun!

None of Georgette Heyer's books contain anything offense other than an occasional mild swear word or reference to a dishonorable man who has taken advantage of some naive damsel. 

Recommended for.... anyone who loves to read and be entertained!

No comments:

Post a Comment