I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, January 30, 2012

FILM: Leap Year (2010)

Leap Year (PG)
starring Amy Adams, Matthew Goode

I realized that I don't bother posting about many of the movies I watch because they are just OK... entertaining but nothing worth taking the time to write about.  (Or, it's so popular, like Harry Potter, that I needn't bother.)  But this one is worth it.

Three things led me to watch this film.  First, I'm always excited when a movie is rated G or PG.... there seem to be so few these days.  Second, I love Amy Adams.  And third, it's a romantic comedy, which I always enjoy... and this is a very good one.  Most films in this category are very predictable, and though this one isn't exempt in that area, it also has plenty of surprises.  Plus it's pretty clean (a few mild swear words, a short, mild fight scene in a pub, and some mild innuendo), the love story is cute and "real" (based on real depth, not just physical), it's funny, the characters seem to have morals and values, there is good chemistry between the actors, and there is a traditional happy ending that is very satisfying.  What can I say?  It's the perfect formula for a romantic comedy. 




P.S.  I won't post about them, but two movies I really enjoyed over the holidays were the new installments of Sherlock Holmes and Mission Impossible.  Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment