I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

FILM: Middlemarch (BBC mini-series, 1994)

Middlemarch 
BBC Masterpiece Classics
(based on the novel by George Eliot)

I don't love George Eliot like I do Jane Austen, but this is a good story with lots of interesting characters and plot twists.  I didn't love the main characters, and I found the romance between Dorothea and Ladislaw slightly unsettling (it might have something to do with the fact that I find Rufus Sewell irritating, and I can't take him seriously as a romantic lead.... he should only play villains).  However, it is definitely entertaining viewing and if you like period drama/romance you will most like enjoy this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment