I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

BOOK: The Nonesuch (Georgette Heyer)

The Nonesuch
by Georgette Heyer

I know, I know; I'm sort of obsessed with Georgette Heyer right now, but I just can't help myself.  I had some fairly major surgery last week and I'm required to "take it easy" for a while.  This kind of book is perfect for saving me from boredom... the characters are interesting, the story is entertaining, and it's quite funny and witty too.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker, and I get sucked in.

A word of warning:  Heyer's "Regency Romances" are of a distinct genre and style, and they certainly don't suit everyone.  If you aren't used to the language you might perhaps be utterly bored and confused, but if you persevere you just might find yourself enchanted and supremely entertained.  (Now read that again, out loud, in your best British accent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment