I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Friday, April 12, 2013

BOOK: Beauty Sleep (Once Upon a Time series)

Beauty Sleep (Once Upon a Time Series)
by Cameron Dokey

This retelling of "Sleeping Beauty" was fun and charming, with plenty of twists and turns and lots of adventure.  I think my boys would even like it.  Aurora is spunky and courageous, and the story teaches lessons of doing the right thing no matter what, even when it's really, really difficult.  It's also a story of true love, of course, based on a real relationship, and not just looks, or "love at first sight."  Thank goodness.

There is no inappropriate language and contains nothing more than a sweet kiss.  However, there are a few brief moments of violence, but nothing graphic.

I look forward to reading more of this series.

Recommended for ages 12 to adult

No comments:

Post a Comment