I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, January 23, 2012

BOOK: A Tale of Two Castles

A Tale of Two Castles
Gail Carson Levine

This is a great read; part fantasy, part detective story, completely clean, and very fun.  AND positive values are reinforced.  I read this to review for our school library, and I'm sure my daughter will love it, but I really enjoyed it too.

When I read books like this and compare them to some of the garbage out there that is written for kids, I want to hold this up to all those authors who resort to trash because they think it's appealing, and say, "See, you can be clean and successful!"  

Recommended for:  Ages 9 - 15 (or younger than 9 if they are good readers)

No comments:

Post a Comment