I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

FILM: One Day (2011)

One Day (Rated PG-13)
Starring Anne Hathaway, Jim Sturgess

This is another film I watched sans-husband, though not because he was gone.... just busy preparing a Sunday School lesson for the next day.  I had heard of this one (unlike this one), probably because it starred two big names, rather than two relatively unknown actorsThe story follows the friendship of the two main characters on the same day (July 15th) through the years, as best friends, though they drift apart and back together again, on and off.  It is a heart-wrenching journey at times.

Unfortunately, though there isn't any actual sex there is lots implied (and quite a bit of discussion of it), and some partial nudity (though mostly in a non-sexual context).  Also, an f-bomb and some other mild language.  I thought it definitely pushed the PG-13 rating to the limit!


No comments:

Post a Comment