I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

BOOK: The Shoemaker's Wife

The Shoemaker's Wife
by Adriana Trigiani

I thoroughly enjoyed this marvelous novel based on the lives of the author's grandparents.  I don't really know how to describe this book without giving a summary of the story, but I don't believe in summarizing.  So, I will just say that it's a wonderful story about people who live, love, struggle, survive, and thrive.  They endure change (and sometimes embrace it) and find the beauty in hard work.  They know what really matters and they make sacrifices for it.

The book is well-written, though sometimes the descriptions go on a little long.  Most of the time it was charming, but occasionally I just wanted the story to move forward faster.  There is a bit of language and a few scenes of mature subject matter but nothing truly offensive.

Recommended for:  Adults

No comments:

Post a Comment