I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, February 13, 2012

BOOK: Icefall

Icefall
by Matthew J. Kirby

This excellent book is a story about stories and storytellers, and it's told by a wonderful storyteller.  It's filled with great characters, plenty of plot twists and page-turning action, but also beautiful writing, fantastic imagery and Norse legends brought to life.  Though the narrator is female, the book's appeal easily pulls in readers of both genders.

There is no inappropriate language, but there are some pretty intense moments of battle and some deaths, though no graphic descriptions.  I have no doubt that both my 12-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter will enjoy this book, and I have no hesitations in recommending it to them.

Recommended for:  Ages 10 - 16 (and beyond)

No comments:

Post a Comment