I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Friday, February 17, 2012

BOOK: Jane Eyre (audio)

Jane Eyre
by Charlotte Bronte

I don't know how it is that I hadn't read this book earlier in my life, though I have seen several film versions of it, which I enjoyed.  However, as is usually the case, the book is SO much better! I think that perhaps as a younger woman (and an immature one) I didn't fully appreciate the depth of the love story, finding it rather less than romantic because of the age difference ("But he's so old and gross!"), whereas now, as a wife of 15 years and a mother of three children I see it so differently.... true, deep, abiding love that triumphs over every adversity. 

I especially enjoyed listening to this audio version read by Joanna David... she is amazing!  Her voice is extremely pleasing to listen to, her pacing is perfect, and the character voices are excellent.  I can't say enough good about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment