I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Friday, April 6, 2012

BOOK: Why Women Need Fat

Why Women Need Fat
by William D. Lassek, M.D. and Steven J.C. Gaulin, Ph.D.

This book describes the results of a fascinating study of fat-and-women researched by a medical doctor and an anthropologist, who originally set out to discover why men (including themselves) prefer/find attractive the traditional "hour glass" figure of women.  Along the way their comprehensive study lead them to discover not only why women need fat, but also why we are fat and what makes us fat.  (As it turns out, those are NOT the same thing.)  The authors are also able to dispel many myths about fat that have plagued women for a very long time. 




NOTE:  I would have given it 4 stars except for the fact that I found it repetitive at times.  (I refuse to give 1/2 stars, so it only got 3.)  I only give 5 stars to books that I would read more than once.


-

2 comments:

  1. Is it worth the read? I'd love to know more about fat, but 3 stars isn't enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Carol, it all depends. Like I said, I would have given it 4 stars aside from the occasional redundancy, so if you are really interested in the subject I would say it's worth reading.

    ReplyDelete