I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

BOOK: Edenbrooke

Edenbrooke
by Julianne Donaldson

I'm always a little apprehensive when reading an author's first novel.  And because I'm a fan of Jane Austen and Regency Romance as a genre, I get nervous when I read one written by a contemporary author, novice or not.  Therefore, I read the book with low expectations, and literally no background information on the author or the book.

I was pleasantly surprised.  The romance is cute and fun, the story is action-packed and fast-paced, the author did a good job or remaining true to the time period and language, and there was nothing offensive.  I'm not saying the novel is without flaws, just that they are minimal and easy to overlook.  And I really enjoyed it!

This is not fiction aimed at young adults in particular, but I think teenage girls would enjoy it (my 16 and 17 year old nieces certainly did), and their parents don't need to have any hesitation in letting their daughter read it!

Recommended for ages 14 through adult


No comments:

Post a Comment