I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

BOOK: The Masqueraders

The Masqueraders
by Georgette Heyer

I had taken a break from Georgette Heyer for a while, so it was time for another one.  Oh, yes, I was seriously overdue.  I realized again how much I truly enjoy her books!  It's true, not everyone can enjoy these books... only those who don't mind challenging language, as in archaic and old-fashioned.  And yes, it's true, I find I sometimes have to re-read passages to make sure I understood what was just said.

But the books are wonderfully witty and fun, and the characters are delightful and varied.  This one is filled with drama, adventure, humor, romance, and even a little mystery.  It kept me guessing, giggling, and grinning.  And I couldn't put it down.  I think it might possibly find a spot in my top-ten favorite books!

Recommended for:  Jane Austen lovers, and those who enjoy great wit



No comments:

Post a Comment