I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

BOOK: The Secret Between Us

The Secret Between Us
by Barbara Delinsky

I read this for our book club, having no expectations, and having read nothing else by this author.  (I prefer to read a book going in "blind.")  I have to admit, it was a bit painful to read at times.  As the story developed and the characters' actions built up steam, I was nervous for them, knowing that some of their choices would only lead to heartache.  However, it didn't take long for me to become absorbed in the characters' lives and circumstances and I found myself rooting for them, and hopeful as I began to see potential redemption for them. 

As for objectionable material, there are two strong 4-letter words, each used once, and a few instances of mild profanity.  Because the subject matter is very mature, dealing with issues such as death, marital infidelity, divorce, under-age drinking, and terminal illness (to name a few), it's definitely not a "light read." 


No comments:

Post a Comment