I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, August 26, 2013

BOOK: Midnight in Austenland (Shannon Hale)

Midnight in Austenland
by Shannon Hale

I read the author's Austenland years ago and enjoyed it, giggling through it and finding it mostly silly and predictable.  But still, very fun.  I expected much of the same from this book but was surprised, and not in a bad way.  Though the premise is still the same (single woman, Jane Austen fan, struggling with love life spends time at a fantasy Austen-theme park) the story takes a turn into a bit of mystery and suspense.  

There may have been some mild language, but if there was I don't remember any.  And because this a "Austenland" everything is very proper.... translation:  no sex scenes. 

Recommended for:  Women 16 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment