I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BOOK: I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This (Bob Newhart)

I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This
by Bob Newhart

I crack up just thinking about hearing Bob Newhart on one of his "phone calls."  This memoir of his life and experiences in the comedy business includes the script of some of those "calls," though they don't always translate well to the printed page.  For the ones I hadn't seen, I immediately went to YouTube and watched him perform them and laughed and laughed.

I really appreciate clean comics, and Bob Newhart is one of them.  He has been around a long time for a good reason.  He became a comedian quite by accident, and the story of how he got there is interesting.

Now I'm headed to the library to pick up the DVD set of season 1 of "The Bob Newhart Show."  I'm ready to laugh some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment