I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

FILM: Sixty Six (PG-13)

Sixty Six (2006)
Starring Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Marsan

Jay and I stumbled upon this interesting indie flick and quite enjoyed it.  It's a quirky and heart-warming story.... the director's real-life experiences.... about an English boy (a younger son) struggling to be noticed by his working-class family and have the best bar mitzvah ever. 

The PG-13 rating:  Though I imagine there is a bit of "language" in the film, I never heard any because of the actors' accents.... in fact, I missed a bit of dialogue because of it, but it didn't seem to matter; I still got the gist of it.  (There may have been some language I didn't catch because the Brits use some words that don't have the same meaning to Americans.)  There is a brief reference to male genitals and a glimpse of a nude backside, which were very both very mild.  There is also one uncomfortable (but brief) scene where the boy accidentally glimpses a passionate scene between a man and woman, but the audience doesn't see anything.  I wouldn't want my 13 year old to see it, unless it was edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment