I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

BOOK: Heart of a Samurai

Heart of a Samurai
by Margi Preus

This true story (in novel form) is a fascinating read both for children and adults.  It's a story of courage, adventure, family, determination, and friendship.  The book if full of action, and the story moves along quickly, but there are also plenty of tender scenes, and even a few that produce tears.  It would be a great read-aloud for families to enjoy together.  I really enjoyed it.  In fact, I was surprised to find I had a hard time putting it down!

There are a couple of scenes of mild violence involving 19th century whaling practices, and a couple of scenes of bullying/fighting, but nothing graphic or intense.  There is no offensive language. 

Recommended for:  Ages 10 to adult

No comments:

Post a Comment