I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

BOOK: The Magician's Elephant (by Kate DiCamillo)

The Magician's Elephant (synopsis)
by Kate DiCamillo

I read this to review for my kids' school library.  A parent who had read it previously thought it should NOT be approved, but another had said yes.  I was interested in being the "tie-breaker" reader, which I have done several times before, and found it very enlightening..... I'm shocked with how liberal some parents are in what they consider appropriate for elementary school students to read.

Anyway, this one was a surprise because I could find nothing inappropriate in this book.  It was a very enjoyable read, a sweet, magical and mysterious story about hope and love.  I admit that Kate DiCamillo's stories are a bit off-the-wall at times, but I have liked all those I have read. This one left me smiling.

Age Recommendation:  9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment