I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

FILM: Under the Greenwood Tree

Under the Greenwood Tree (2005-BBC)
adapted from the novel by Thomas Hardy

I am a sucker for BBC's adaptations of 19th century novels, and thanks to Netflix I have a ready supply to "Watch Instantly" whenever I want.... usually when I'm folding laundry.  Though I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, this one was not disappointing.  It's a sweet and simple story, the characters are interesting, though not well-developed, and the love story is nice.  Thankfully it wasn't a mini-series, so I didn't have to get sucked in to 8+ hours of...... what am I talking about?  I love the long ones!  Who doesn't love a good romance?

I also love these because I know they will be clean.  Modern romances are.... well, not so clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment