I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

FILM: The Ghostwriter (2010)

The Ghostwriter (PG-13)
starring Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, Olivia Williams

Jay and I watched this last night, and I quite enjoyed it.  It's not an action flick, but a classic suspense thriller a la Alfred Hitchcock.  It kept me guessing.  Whether or not you find the ending satisfying or not will depend on how you like movies to end.  I won't say more than that.  :)

The film was well-acted and directed (by Roman Polaski, but he freaks me out.... he is creepy).  Ewan McGregor is always fantastic, and Olivia Williams.... well, let me just say, if I were brunette and English....and famous....I would insist that she be cast as the lead in a movie about my life.  Pierce Brosnan was perfectly cast. 

There is one "bedroom" scene in which you briefly see Ewan's naked bum, but that's where it ends.  The rest is implied.  There are also a couple of incidents of "s***" and the f-word, which I detest, and that's the worst thing about the movie.  There is a scene of violence, but nothing is really shown... just implied, which I appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment