I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

FILM: Megamind (2010)

Megamind (PG)
Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill

My husband and kids really wanted to see this, I didn't.  They had begged me to watch Despicable Me, which they loved and thought was hilarious, and which I thought was pretty weak... mildly entertaining and rarely funny.  It was just OK.  (Actually, I fell asleep for a while, so maybe I missed the really good parts?)

But I digress.

I figured Megamind would be the dumb companion piece of Despicable Me.... another villain-meets-villain-and-turns-good story.  And it was.... sort of.  But I actually enjoyed myself.  I was extremely wary, since Dreamworks animated films tend to be very crude, which I detest.  (I was particularly worried knowing the type of things that typically come from the mouths of Will Ferrell and Jonah Hill.)  Thankfully, aside from one minor phrase referring to one's backside being kicked in defeat, this one was pleasantly free of the typical stuff.  It was rather funny, kind of sweet, fairly entertaining, and very silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment