I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, March 21, 2011

FILM: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

Fantastic Mr. Fox (rated PG) (based on the book by Roald Dahl)
starring (voices) George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartmann, et al (the list of famous names is long)

Why did it take us so long to see this movie?  I really knew nothing about it, but had heard it was good.  I think it's now a new favorite for our family.... at least for me and Jay.  I think it's actually more of an adult movie, though kids enjoy it on a different level (for the slapstick, etc.).  The humor is odd and quirky, and there is much to be gained from multiple viewings. Wacky fun!

I'm always a little nervous about Roald Dahl (a lot of his books are weird and have language and creepy stuff), so I was pleasantly surprised.  I'm not sure why it's rated PG... I don't remember any "language," though there is some cartoon violence, and I guess some scenes that are mildly frightening.  There is some smoking, so that probably has something to do with it.  Otherwise, it's pretty safe.

Oh, and the soundtrack is wonderful!  Or, I should say, "Fantastic!"  :)

Recommended for:  FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment