I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BOOK: Any Which Wall (by Laurel Snyder)

Any Which Wall
by Laurel Snyder

This book is sort of a tribute to Edward Eager's delightful Half Magic (which I recommend, by the way).  Four children discover a magic wall which dispels their summer boredom, and, of course, they learns some lessons along the way.  It's not as original as Half Magic (because, as the author will admit, she stole ideas from it), but it's lots of fun and kids will enjoy it.  I appreciate books like this that entertain without using bad language or crude behavior, and have plenty of adventure and excitement, but no violence.

Age Recommendation:  7 - 12 years  (great for read-aloud)

No comments:

Post a Comment