I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, March 21, 2011

FILM: I Am Number Four (2011)

I Am Number Four (PG-13)
Starring Alex Pettyfer, Dianna Agron

We went out to dinner and a movie to celebrate Jay's birthday.  This was Jay's choice, but I found it entertaining.  I really didn't know anything about it before hand, but I noticed that the star of this film, was also starring in the film playing in the next theatre.... apparently, he is quite the hot item right now.  I feel so au current!

Anyway.... this is your typical action/sci-fi flick, with plenty of villains/creepy creatures, slow-mo action sequences, and explosions; several dumb lines of dialogue and minor plot holes; plus some moderately graphic violence, and a bit of strong language.  What else can I say?  Obey the rating.

Overall, it's entertaining and you probably won't fall asleep.  There a couple of interesting supporting roles, a mildly interesting romance, and the story is fairly intriguing.  It could have used a little more humor though.

No comments:

Post a Comment