I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, April 11, 2011

FILM: The Great Buck Howard (2008)

The Great Buck Howard (PG)
starring Colin Hanks, John Malkovich, Emily Blunt

I stumbled upon this delightfully quirky film on Netflix (sounds familiar).  Colin Hanks, Tom's son, does a great job... and reminds me of his dad a bit.  (Tom Hanks has a bit part playing the screen-dad of his real-life son.)  John Malkovich is larger than life (perfect for this role) and Emily Blunt is charming as ever.  I laughed out loud once or twice and found myself smiling through most of the movie.  Jay said he was going to bed but ended up staying up and watching it.  It's that kind of movie.  Not award material, just fun and enjoyable.  Also, it's relatively clean....a few mild profanities and one scene where it is assumed that a couple sleeps together.

No comments:

Post a Comment