I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, May 2, 2011

BOOK: The Host (2008)

The Host
by Stephenie Meyer
During a week at the beach I read The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  It was pretty good.  Not fabulous, but entertaining, and actually pretty thought provoking. I have no idea whether the author intended to include any symbolism, but it was hard not to read those things into it when you know the author's religious beliefs. The story is really about what it means to be human.  I thought the "Twilight" series was just OK (I have other opinions about those books which I won't go into here), but this was much better (her first book for adults).   The story is compelling and it was a good "beach read."  Meyer calls it "Science Fiction for people who hate science fiction," which seems to be pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment