I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

BOOK: The Making of a Marchioness

The Making of a Marchioness
by Frances Hodgson Burnett

I am shocked that I had never heard of this book until just a few weeks ago.  (Thank you Aunt Gayle!)  What a delightful read!  Previously I had only read the author's books for children, and, like many people, I didn't even know about her novels for adults until now. 

The book was originally published in two parts:  the first is a "Cinderella Story" of sorts, and the second is a drama/suspense/romance.  It's filled with interesting characters, and moments that will make you smile and/or sigh, bite your nails, and keep you turning pages.  And, like most books of the time, there is nothing offensive.  Hallelujah!

Actually, I'm quite surprised that BBC hasn't made this into a mini-series.  It's perfectly suited to it!

If you plan to read it, make sure you get the version containing both parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment