I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Monday, March 12, 2012

BOOK: The Woman in White

The Woman in White
by Wilkie Collins

This thrilling novel written in 1859 and first published as a serial is considered to be one of the first mystery/detective novels ever written.  The book takes the form of personal testimonies of various characters and compiled as "evidence" of a sort.  It's very intriguing and compelling.

I listened to the audiobook, which used different readers for each character, making it easy to know who was "speaking."  I imagine it might be a little bit difficult to keep track of the current narrator when reader it in print form.  It will keep you on your toes, as will the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment