I'm a mom of 3 kids, and I love to read and watch movies, and I'm picky about what my kids read and watch.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

FILM: This Means War (2012)

This Means War (PG-13)
starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine

I will watch anything with Reese Witherspoon in it, and my husband thinks Chris Pine is funny, so this seemed like a great choice for date night.  It has a cute premise, a nice romance, plenty of action, lots of humor, and appealing stars.  Great recipe.  It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed it.

BUT, there is way too much sex and language.... we were both very surprised it had received a PG-13 rating rather than an R.  (We avoid R-rated movies unless they are edited.)  Maybe we are prudes (probably).... or maybe movie ratings have gotten more lax through the years (definitely).  The language is pretty bad (lots of the s-word, one f-word, lots of sexual references), but the sexual situations are worse.  There is quite a bit of action violence (spy stuff), but it's generally mild and never graphic or gruesome.

I should have read the "fine print."  It would have been better to wait for the DVD and watch it on our ClearPlay.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment